Thursday, March 5, 2009

You Gotta Start Somewhere- Right?

March 4, 2009, 8:00pm

I have never been athletic. I have always hated to run. Actually, I haven't even really liked exercise that much ever. I have decided I want that to change!


Tonight- thanks to 2 of my favorite people- LeeAnn and Margaret, I walked 2.5 miles on the Village Trails with a few sprints here and there. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be and I complained… quite a bit!! (sorry girls!! Thanks for putting up w me!)

I know that if it weren’t for those 2 girls, I would have just given up and told myself that at least it was better than any other day this week (or this month or even this yr!). 2009 is it. I’m gonna quit saying that “one day I’ll be in shape.” And I’m going to quit making excuses for why I am the size that I am. I’m going to find energy and discipline and I’m going to be a good example to my son.

As I was reading my bible the other day, it talked a lot about the body being a temple. One of the ways it referred to body use was in eating and taking care of yourself. I have never been good at taking care of myself. Unless it was FOR someone else… its not really a priority (example: unless someone is coming over, I don’t really clean my home, etc). Its time for me to take care of ME FOR ME!!!

I’ve always said that if I were to get married one day, I would want to be in the best shape of my life… but in some ways, its just been an excuse to not do it NOW! I know without a doubt, that if I was doing a wedding countdown, I’d find ways to work out. I’d make myself eat right, and I’d cut out the sweets- bc it would be FOR that day, FOR my pictures, FOR my husband, and FOR my future… but why not do that now!! Somehow “brides-to-be” find ways, time, and money to invest in themselves in the months following their engagement so they are in the best shape of their lives for the "big day". I’ve decided its time for me to make the time, and find the ways NOW!

SO tonight was the first step. I can’t say I liked much of it at ALL. I was in pain, I was winded, and I wanted to stop at any given moment. It was ONLY an HOUR of my day. I SORTA feel better… sorta feel like I accomplished something bc it’s a start. But I’m hesitant to pat myself on the back too much just yet till I see if I can do a little better next time and even if I can keep it up. I’m not sure how I’m going to accomplish workout time with a 3 yr old… but I know that if I were getting married- I’d find time… if someone else’s life depended on it- I’d find time! So… I’m going to find a way and time!! It’s there!!!

My goal is to eventually do a ½ marathon (maybe the Ft Worth one next yr). 13 miles. At this point I don’t even care about the time I do it in… I just want to DO it!! I’ll be figuring out realistic short term goals very soon… I know one of them is that I want to be able to run a whole mile soon. I’ll start w running a ¼ mile… and then a ½ mile. I can do this. I don’t have to hate running. I will call myself a RUNNER!!!

SO… that’s all for the first post. I hope to be able to look back on this post and be so glad I started this!! I hope to encourage someone else to start something new, something good for them someday. I believe its worth it!

Love

Tiffany, The runner to be!

Practicals: Weight 205 lbs, Size 16/18, Workout Time: 60 min, Distance travelled: 2.5miles

1 comment: